20.12.10

Fabulous News: Norwegian Wood is Now a Film

I had no idea they were even making a movie based on this great book by Haruki Murakami.  But it's true.  Apparently it took four years to make and it was directed by Vietnamese-French director Tran Anh Hung best known for the The Scent of Green Papaya which won the Caméra d'Or Prize at the 1993 Cannes Film Festival.  I'll have to add that one too to my list of movies to see.


And to think I just wrote about the book in my Holiday Wish List.  Of course, if you want to read a full synopsis there are two great reviews that can be found, one at The Guardian and another at The National 

The movie has already been released in Japan but won't be available in North America until March 18, 2011.  The official English website can be found here.  I cannot wait, I love foreign films; they're always amazing and this story of first love, and ultimately lost love, and mental illness is so touching I wish everyone would read the book.   If you want to find out more about Haruki Murakami, and I strongly suggest you do, his official website can be found here.  Once you read one of his novels you'll want to read them all.  Trust me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment