29.4.11

Jewelry Designs: Shape + Texture + Colour

With Mother's Day around the corner I wanted to put together a collection of jewelry pieces that are as unique as they are elegant and hopefully give you some gift ideas in the process.  I don't know a woman who doesn't love buying or receiving jewelry.  It's a great purchase not just because it will last forever but because it can really make you feel good.  Beautiful jewelry is the same as beautiful art only in smaller doses; it's an extension of your tastes.  It can accentuate everything about you, your appearance, your personality and above all your confidence.  So, why not have fun with it.


These beautiful Capiz Earrings you see above were made from capiz shells and vintage brass by a mother and daughter team from Turkey.  Their shop, Star of the East, is available through Etsy.  I personally love the golden shades overlapped on the sheer white background. 


This red coral necklace from Nest Jewelry is such a beautiful statement piece that I would be happy wearing it with a plain black t-shirt.  It's so large and chunky I don't know how anyone could walk down the street without someone commenting on it.  It is beyond gorgeous.  Nest Jewelry is designed by Janette Wilkinson and Jana Erwin and is available through Neiman Marcus.


I love the use of green in jewelry and this pretty and elegant ring is so refined and feminine.  I love the oval shaped peridot dome and the floral silver that wraps around it.  Made by a Texas-based designer this ring is available by order from Thirty Six Ten just contact the designer.


The combination of pink and green in these earrings is perfectly balanced and stylish. I love the glass look of these and the shape of the stones. They're made by Amaia a designer from the Basque region of northern Spain. (One of my favourite places in Spain by the way; I love San Sebastian)...



I have a soft spot for amber jewelry because I grew up wearing it.  And this bracelet from Water Waif is so rich in colour it's almost like gold.  I love the layered teardrop shape and the overall thickness of the bracelet.


Well, these gold dipped hammered hoop earrings sure made an impression on me when I first saw them.  I love their gold and shiny design, I think they would look amazing with dark hair.  Made by L.A. designer Devon Leigh they're available both from her website as well as from Neiman Marcus.

Leave it to Marquis & Camus to turn something so simple into simply stunning.  I love the emerald green in these gorgeous Red Carpet earrings.  I think they would complement any skin tone.  Plus they're so subtle you can even wear them casually.



The above pair of pink earrings from Larkspur & Hawk are just gorgeous.  Designed by Emily Satloff, they have a stunning antique element to them but with a modern touch.  I love the combination of white, pink and grey colours; these earrings are so ultra feminine.  You can find them at Barneys.


I can't say enough good things about this stack of seven rings. The idea is brilliant and it looks so cool and chic.  I love the hammered texture of each ring and all the natural colours.  I also like how you can pick and choose how many you wear and in what order.  Made in Buenos Aires by Gabriela you can purchase these through her Etsy shop India y la Luna.


These beautiful earrings are another great find from Anthropologie.  I love how their greyish-blue interior is delicately wrapped in gold plated brass.  The best part is the lava-like shape of the agate that apperas so naturally flowing inside.  It's incredible that this stone is so organically found.


This is some chunky loveliness from Vera Wang.  With a rhinestone necklace that looks this good, you almost don't need any of her dresses.  But of course if you can afford either or both then you're certainly lucky.  This necklace is impeccably glamorous and just another example of how in my mind, Vera Wang can do no wrong.  Available from Neiman Marcus.
I probably should have checked the price of these earrings before including them on here but by then it was too late, I was already in love.  Made by Olivia Collings these diamond cluster earrings are to-die-for (if you can afford them, that is.)  They're available from Barneys New York.


This sterling silver wave ring from Etsy shop Naamonet was designed by Israeli designer Naama Elharrar.  The textured quality gives this ring such an elegant look.  It almost looks like ivory to me and the pattern is stunning.



These lovely pair of flower earrings made from brown timber were designed by Australian designer Angelene McMullen.  They have a brilliant large shape and the colour of these would be ideal for anyone with either blond or red hair.  I would probably be tempted to paint these white so the shape would stand out with my dark curly hair.



If you're looking for a pendant necklace look no further than this lovely concoction from Peiffer Studios.  I love the etched pieces of Sweet Assylum from the designer's garden.  The brown on white combo is so aesthetically pleasing.  Although the exact one above is sold out, the designer may be able to recreate it for you.  Please contact her for more info or you can view a similar one here.

I love the patterns on these earrings from Nervous System.  I think they're truly a reflection of the owners impeccable tastes and skills.  Made from stainless steel the designs are meant to evoke the branch like forms found in plants. 




There is nothing like a big cocktail ring to wear to your favourite occasion.  I love the use of Swarovski crystals here in all of their gorgeous colours.  This ring has a great shape too.   Available from Shopbop and designed by Kenneth Jay Lane

So, there you have it my jewelry recommendations for you, for Mother's Day or for any occasion really.  If you would like to see more please read my earlier post on Beautiful Necklace Finds.

2 comments:

  1. Ella, thank you so much for this post!! I'm honored to be part of it!! Thank you so much for mention my shop too!!

    All the best for you!
    Gaby from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely jewels you've collected here!
    Thanks so much for featuring our earrings!

    ReplyDelete