1. The first is a porcelain bowl from Boston artist Isabelle Abramson. I don't know about you but I love all things white and these are just beautiful. Whether you display them on their own or overflowing with some Fuji apples they're sure to add a touch of elegance to your home. The cost for this one below is $250. You can purchase these from her website or through Etsy.
2. Like many art lovers I have a long list of artists whose paintings I would love to own: Cy Twombly, Caio Fonseca, Ingrid Calame and Elliotte Puckette are just a few that come to mind. However, most of them are just a little bit beyond my price range if you know what I mean. Besides I promised myself that the first work of art I ever purchase (if I'm ever in the position to do so) will be from Ewa Stryjnik a Polish-born Toronto artist who I first discovered while still in university. This is Garden Series #141 and you can find out more information about the artist from Trias Gallery in Toronto. Price upon request.
3. I don't normally purchase olive oil because of its bottle but this one from Dean and Deluca is impossible to ignore. The design is so simple and appealing that I'll trust that the oil is just as good as the design. The cost for this Antico Frantoio Muraglia 'Intenso' Extra Virgin Olive Oil is $48.
4. I'm definintely in need of a new laptop case and this one from Diane Von Furstenberg is both chic and classic. I love the Mariela print. Available from Netaporter or from the DVF website for $135.
5. If you like watercolour prints you'll love these cushions from UK design firm Bluebellgray. This one is available from their website for £80.00.
6. I already have one of these and I love it. Whether you're a designer or you just like to doodle this Wacom tablet is just plain fun. It comes with Corel Painter Essentials 4 and Photoshop Elements 7.0 for all of your artistic needs. Cost $219.99 approx.
7. I love this necklace from jewelry designer Lara Adrienne. She uses the most beautiful gemstones and mixes together amazing colours. If you like this piece you have to check out her earring collection available from Etsy. This necklace sells for $750.
8. If you read fashion magazines you have probably heard of Maryam Keytani, a Toronto artist turned jewelry designer whose unique pieces are carefully crafted from unique finds such as ribbons and tassels. Prices start from $250.
9. If you're looking for something really original this sculptural piece is sure to become a conversation piece. Designed by UK designer Jill for Maisy and Alice it's also available from Etsy for $38. Made from recylced plastic it is handmade and has the texture of lace. It measures approximately 40" and comes ready to hang wherever you dare to daydream.
10. I really wanted to recommend Cambodian black pepper but trying to find some online became an impossible task. So my last item of equal measure is Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood. If you're not familiar with this Japanese writer you need to pick this book up asap. It's such a treat to read and one of those books that'll remind you of your 20's and stay with you for long after you finish it.
This list was almost too much fun to compile. I can't wait to do it again soon enough for another occasion.
Happy Holiday Shopping everyone. If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear from you.