10.3.17

The Best Alternative to Coffee

Ever since I discovered fresh organic turmeric hiding in my local grocery store I've been using in my morning drink. The root, which reminds me a little bit of a pleated worm, is the perfect addition to your hot water and lemon start to the day. Although the root alone won't wake you up quite like a jolt of coffee, adding a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses certainly will. So, if you find caffeine wrecking havoc with your nerves, or are simply looking for an alternative, this combination is a winner. I won't list all the benefits of turmeric but there are plenty and this is a good way to incorporate it into your diet without even thinking. The bonus: you'll get 20 percent of iron and 300 mg of potassium per each tablespoon of molasses, and the vitamin C will help your body to better absorb the iron. If you are anemic this is a great natural supplement.

1.



2.



3.



Recipe:

1 thumb-sized piece of fresh organic turmeric

juice of 1/2 lemon 

1 tablespoon of organic blackstrap molasses

250 ml of hot water

No comments:

Post a Comment