4.3.11

Chic Jewelry

Remember that jewelry post I promised to write?  Well, it's finally here.  After weeks of research, I have amassed roughly 200+ jewelry pieces which are currently saved on my desktop.  Needless to say, I will have to post them over the next few weeks, maybe months.  Here is the first batch starting with a pair of beautiful Ginkgo Biloba earrings in emerald green from Aurélie Bidermann.  If you think they look rather organic it's probably because they are real ginkgo leaves that have been dipped in gold and then enamel.
I don't know about you but I think this ring from Hervé Van Der Straeten looks more like a sculptural piece to me than jewelry.  The craftsmanship is simply impeccable.  Straeten who was once a jewelry designer for Yves Saint Laurent and Christian Lacroix now also designs accessories for the home.
Although this bracelet from Isabel Marant is now sold out (sorry) I thought I would include it anyway.  I love red accents as far as jewelry is concerned and this is nice to look at even if only for inspiration.  Maybe if you're lucky you can find it somewhere online.
If you're seeing or reading this post for the second time, you'll  notice that I have changed the Eddie Borgo bracelet to another one from his collection.  It was bothering me all weekend and I decided that I had to change it.  I guess you could say I am somewhat addicted to the edit button on my blog.  But anyway I think this one below works better with this post.  I still chose one of his non-geometrical inspired pieces, because that's generally what I prefer in jewelry.  And I like the mix of gold and black here. 

Jeanine Payer is a San Francisco-based jewelry designer who often uses text from writers new and old to engrave her jewelry work.  These teardrop earrings, available both from her website as well as Barneys, feature a quotation from Henry David Thoreau.



I have a lot more pieces to show you, but I thought I would start small with these six pieces.  And I can't think of a better item to end on than this adorable little elephant necklace from Aurelie Bidermann; just seeing it made me smile.  I hope you like it as much as I did.  I will have more for you later.  Take care for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment